Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Publishing says it's off when it isn't

This topic is 4348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anybody seen this before? The admin console displays IWP as being off, the "Launch Web Publishing" menu is available and the "Stop Web Publishing" menu isn't, yet Web Publishing databases can be accessed without any problem. There is just a "communication error"displayed on the admin console. Anyone know how to resolve this? I am using FMS 10.0.2.206 on a G5 running 10.5.8.

Can't be solved with FMS10 without starting and stopping all of FMS. In FMS11 and 12 you can issue a command line to restart the admin server part that is responsible for keeping the admin console up to date.

Thanks for that. But just stopping and restarting the database server doesn't really do the trick for me. Is there nothing else that needs to be done?

Well I couldn't generate any log files either. So I tried clicking on "Modify the server's deployment" (or something like that as I'm translating from the French version). The redeployment not only failed but also caused Web Publishing to stop functioning for real. So I ended up uninstalling the server and reinstalling it and now everything seems to be fine.

Glad that it is resolved. There was no need for a redeployment for the log files though: FMS logs to a file named "event.log" in the FMS logs folder (and to the Windows application event log too). Whenever you try to start or stop the WPE, events are logged there and it should give some sort of error if it could not start or stop WPE.

This topic is 4348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.