Filemaker Server 5.5v4 updater.

This topic is 1637 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a client who purchased a canned non-FM solution and has grown tired of it. Prior to them moving to this, they had a FM Server 5.5 solution that has been backed up, and we have the original 5.5v1 installation disc etc. However, the Database Server will not start up and stay up. I know this is a known error, and I am in place to begin migrating it to FMP Server 12 (re-building the solution).

But in the meantime to get the old layouts etc, I would like to SEE the old solution running and running properly so I have reference.

Now before you say, use Filemaker 6 or something else, there are 68 total Databases, and FMP has a 50 file limit, thus I require the server version to get this started.

Filemaker has removed all of the old updaters from their web site, and I am unable to locate a copy of this specific update ANYWHERE. So if anyone has it, please let me know.

kpt

Now before you say, use Filemaker 6 or something else, there are 68 total Databases, and FMP has a 50 file limit, thus I require the server version to get this started.

You will still hit the 50 file limit when using FMS because you ultimately have to open them in FM Pro to see the layouts.

You need to convert the files to FM 11 format before converting them to FM 12. FMI make the trial version of FMP 11 available to facilitate this.

BTW there was no FMS 5.5 just FMS 5.0, and AFAIK the last version was 5.0v2 (for Windows). I have zipped it and attached the updater.

UPDATE: there WAS FMS 5.5, my bad. I don't have a copy of the updater.

fms_50v2_winNT_updater.exe.zip

• 7 years later...

This topic is 1637 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.