Implement SuperContainer in Filemaker Pro Advanced 10 Client

This topic is 4363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

i have installed the demo version of SuperContainer on our filemaker 10 advanced server on mac osx. If i click on "SuperContainerServer.jar" it is staring und it works.

Now, i would like to implement it on the filemaker pro advanced 10 client, because i want to do the same like this: http://www.360works.com/supercontainer/demos/set_container/

In this video, you can see, that he create a script. He create the script with "external functions" and then he has some SCPlugins... but i don`t have these SC Plugins.

The documentation says: "For installing into the Web Publishing Engine with FileMaker Server or FileMaker Server Advanced, drag the plugin from the MAC or WIN folder into the FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins folder. If there is no Plugins folder inside the wpc folder, then create it manually. Restart FileMaker Web Publishing, and now the plugins should be ready to go."

I did this exactly, but i don`t see any SuperContainer Plugins in my Filemaker.

Could anybody help me...What is going wrong?

bye

Username2010

If you are wanting to install SuperContainer in your FileMaker Pro 10 client, you would need to:

"drag the plugin from the MAC or WIN folder into the FileMaker Extensions directory" for the application. Typically you can find these directories here:

/Applications/FileMaker Pro 10/Extensions (on MAC)

C:Program FilesFileMakerFileMaker Pro 10Extensions (on Windows)

You would then need to restart FileMaker Pro 10 (if it is running) and then you should have access to the SC Companion plug-in functions. You can double-check your installed plug-ins by going to the Preferences tab in FileMaker Pro:

Edit -> Preferences -> Plug-ins (on Windows)

FileMaker Pro 10 -> Preferences -> Plugins (on Mac)

This is covered in our SC Companion Plugin documentation (a few sentences above the Web Publishing installation instructions).

Regards,

• Newbies

Hello Obinna,

thanks... i ignored this sentence... so finaly, it`s necessary to copy the plugin on the local side (where the client is installed) AND on the server side (where filemaker server is installed)

Now i can see the SuperContainer Plugins. Now i will try to upload files in IWP by using the SCPlugins like the videolink above.

thanks

• Newbies

Hi again,

i need your help again regarding the right syntax for the plugins. I`d like to upload some files via IWP. So i created 2 buttons (choose file, submit) and one textfield to show the document which should upload.

In my opinion, i have to configured each button.

The syntax for the first button (choose file) is:

SCSetBaseURL( "http://external_IP_from_the_FilemakerServer:8020/SuperContainer/Files/" )

AND

SCChooseFile( "files" ; )

AND

SCSetContainer( "Users/Shared/SuperContainer/" ; Checkliste::Dokument)

For the second button (submit), i have no idea...

If i click on the (choose file) button, i got a windows to choose a file...that looks good...but i think the last line "SCSetContainer( "Users/Shared/SuperContainer/" ; Checkliste::Dokument)" is not correct for the (choose file) button, isn`t it?

Could anybody help me?

Thanks a lot

• Newbies

Now i deleted my 2 buttons (choose file and submit) and create a window with the web-viewer-tool. In the properties i set "http://external_IP_of_the_FMServer:8020/SuperContainer/Files/" & Checkliste::Dokument"

Now i can choose and upload files, but if i upload a file, i have it for all my datarecords too. How i have it to configure that each dataset has his own file.

This topic is 4363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.