Can I create separate versions for read-only and bi-directional?

This topic is 4313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, Jesse:

I would like to be able to distribute read-only versions for engineers and executives, and bi-directional versions for our analysts (write-able). Can this be done?

- - Scott

Not currently. You can only have one configuration for a given database solution, and a configuration is hard-coded to either read-only or bi-directional. I will add this to the feature request list.

That would be a nice feature to have, so executives and engineers can "poll" the data frequently by just synching, but I don't want them to sync any data back to the data source on the server!

- - Scott

Should the executives and engineers have write access when they are working with the files on the server? If so, then there is not a good solution, but if not, then the solution is simple, just assign them to a privilege set that doesn't allow write access, and that will be respected the same when syncing as it would be when they are working directly on the server.

Oh, the reason I asked about creating both bi-directional and unidirectional (read-only) was that the product highlight list included the following:

"Keep a read-only database on your iOS device and sync one-way from the server on demand", which gave me the impression that both types of downloadable database configurations could be created.

- - Scott

This topic is 4313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.