MirrorSync client error: Could not establish connection to server

This topic is 4300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We attempted deployment of MirrorSync 1.1 to our FileMaker 11 Server (Advanced) and everything worked until I launched the MirrorSync client from the browser window (http://OurServer/MirrorSync/), but we kept getting this error:

post-105889-0-06442400-1339517890_thumb.

We thought perhaps it was not accepting the username and password, and that we erred in setting that part up, so we then chose to reinstall to the server with the user name that has 10 lower-case letters and a password that consists of a combination of lower-case letters and numbers (total of 13 characters) and restarted web publishing.

Same problem.

No firewall on port 80. Are there other port numbers that we should disable the firewall?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

- - Scott

By the way (BTW): We have a situation that cropped up back in April that the server is not saving preferences after restarting the server machine, such as settings for External Authentication, backup schedules, and 3rd-party software registrations (had to put in the SuperContainer license info). Perhaps this issue is related to that technical problem?

Jesse, you nailed it on the fact that our FMS did not have a "home" directory. Once our admin set that up, restarted the server, I was able to get the MirrorSync Client to open properly.

Thanks for all of you assistance — it really is appreciated.

Sincerely,

- - Scott

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I'm having the same problem but connecting from a Mac to a Widows 2008 R2 Server. I've turned off the firewall on the server to check that not a port being blocked. I have checked that the MirrorSync connects fine when the Java client is launched from the server itself.

Should I send you the log as above. If so where would I find it on the Windows Server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic is 4300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.