Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMPro & Windows ME questions

nevakelly

This topic is 8436 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I hope somebody out there can offer some insight on the problems I'm encountering. I recently bought a new computer with Windows ME, and I'm running into all sorts of formating questions with my FM databases. I'm working with three solutions that were all created using a Macintosh. When I opened them in Windows 98, the only problem with the layout formats was that everything was significantly bigger than it was on the Mac, which would require the user to toggle across and down the screen to view the entire layout. Adjusting the monitor resolution didn't solve the problem, and neither did the zoom feature. So, I modified my layouts so that they were an appropriate size in Windows. This was no easy task; one of the solutions has 92 layouts.

Now I'm once again faced with messed up layouts when the solutions are opened on Windows ME. Two really strange things are particularly troubling to me. First, for field formats that include checkboxes, the checkboxes don't show up on the screen in browse mode. However, when I print a record, the checkboxes are visable on the printout. Radio buttons show up on the screen in browse mode and they print appropriately. The other wierd thing is that field borders set on hairline and 1 point don't show up in browse mode if I set the border to completely surround the field (top, bottom, left, right). If I set the borders to 2 point size, they are visible on the screen in browse mode. If I set the borders to up to three sides of the field (say, top, bottom, and left), they show up at 1 point size.

These problems are driving me crazy! I'm not sure if there is some kind of adjustment I can make with FileMaker or Windows ME that will resolve these problems. If you have any information or ideas, I would really appreciate a response.

This topic is 8436 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.