connect how?

This topic is 4348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Borrowed a friend's ipad. Want to put an FM file on it. It says to 'connect' to itunes but how do I connect? I open itunes on my ipad. It says there is place showing 'device' but there is none. I get music, movies, tv shows, ping etc. and no main menu where it shows a list down the left side like it does on my desktop itunes.

very frustrated trying to get a file onto the ipad. I cannot find anywhere where files are even listed on ipad. I installed iProDisk and it brings up the ipad on my computer so I can add a file there. It says it is added but when I open FMGo on the ipad - no file. I downloaded Dropbox because I've heard of that one and it doesn't appear to download at all.

I read FMGo help and I tried what it said but it didn't work either because it says I need to use itunes but itunes doesn't work. It shouldn't be this difficult. I have spent more than a day trying. Oh I also made sure itunes is most recent version.

At one point it says to 'connect' the ipad to itunes. Does it mean connect the ipad to my computer physically? I see no connection slot on the ipad. There is only the power and two round little things which look like for headphones. I do not have a plugin end like those. I can see the ipad wireless and I can according to it, transfer files but I cannot see them.

How do I even find a folder showing which files are on it? Please help me get an FM12 file onto this ipad3.

Hi Charity,

The iPad's power cord is actually a USB as well. Just detach it from the 'box' part that plugs in. In iTunes, your ipad will show in the Device list when you connect from the iPad to your computer's USB. It can be frustrating ... hang in there ... it is well worth it. :yep:

• Like 1

This topic is 4348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.