Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Column Chart With 2 Relationships?

dtrots

This topic is 4330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an independant table called "reports". I have a relationship to a "proposals" table that relates to "proposal year". I have another relationship to the same table "different name" that relates to "sold year" (the date the proposals sold.

I'd like to have a column chart with (2) Y axis' one for "proposal total" per month and next to it "sold total" per month. I can't see a way to do it with 2 relationships since the chart data area only lets you relate to one table.

I'm just beginning my attempts to use/understand charting situations, so don't allow my comments to confuse/mislead you if they don't help right away.

But my first inclination would be to suggest you base the chart on the Proposals Table itself, rather than on Reports, if that's possible.

If it isn't (and it sounds like your 'Reports' table is where you intend to be doing this) I think you may need to make use of FMP12's new 'Execute SQL' Calculation step to pull the Proposals Table data into single "Return Delimited" fields that you then plot on the Y-Axis.

Having never ventured into SQL statements before, I was a little intimidated when I learned that I'd need to use this for some of the charts I'm hoping to make for a current project, but I saw a few examples at a conference the other day and it looked not-too-difficult-if-you-know-tjhe-syntax. There's a very helpful chapter in the Filemaker ODBC/JDBC guide (Chapter 7) that I'm hoping will help me through this.

I hope more experienced charters can confirm or contradict what I've said -- but I get the sense there are few FMP12 charters out there yet!

This topic is 4330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.