Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Setting up remote access for Filemaker Server Advanced

This topic is 4323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to set up remote access for my databases so that people can access them from outside the office. I'm using Filemaker Server Advanced 12. I don't have a static IP address, but from what I can tell by reading things online, I don't technically need one.

If some kind soul can please walk me through how I would do this, I will be forever grateful!

Update: I set up a host name at dyndns and think I forwarded the port 80 to my computer's IP address, but it doesn't seem to work. If I go to the address from inside the network, it only goes to the ip address and not the IP address and fmi/iwp/. Since it doesn't have it there, it doesn't go to where you can access the databases.

do you want remote access to IWP to access with a browser or access to FileMaker Pro clients?

FMP clients need access through port 5003. IWP uses whatever your web server uses which is port 80 by default. You will always have to specify the /fmi/iwp part in your url, that's normal. If you are not going to use your web server for any regular web pages then you could set up a redirect so that everyone who just hits the web server will be redirected to the /fmi/iwp section.

This topic is 4323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.