Can't make them sync

This topic is 3914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, i'm creating a presentation of IDC-10 for myself, but can't make it work. I would appreciate all the help.

I've this table, which has in the first row the IDC-10 code (CIE10) that matches the diagnosis description in the second row (DX)

I've create this presentation, and use list to select data, so when i select in the DX list i will like to automatically put the matched code in the CIE10 field.

Thanks

IDC10.fmp12.zip

Your file has many records, one table, two fields, one TO and one layout, and nothing like the second screenshot. Where exactly would you make the IDC10 selection, and where is the associated description supposed to go (let alone, where does is come from without a relationship?) As is stands now, making a selection from the popup modifies the current record. Maybe you've posted an old version of your file?

Anyway, here is something which does what I think you intended; since a popup with 12,000+ entries isn't a proper selection tool, this uses a filtered portal. Think about introducing a Category table; I'm no physician, but I bet you can find some classifications to portion all these descriptions into smaller batches.

Have fun.

IDC10_portalselection.fmp12.zip

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

Hello, I have searched several forums for this solution, your answer is excellent, but I can not use your file and I can not edit the file, I need the password please, and thanks in advance

Mauricio Mena, MD

• Newbies

Hello again, 

I have seen the usefulness of this search tool, and I would use it in another way if possible, what I intend to do is create new layout (or new file) and use this tool to search IDC10 codes, select one or more and store them in a new field called DIAGNOSIS.
I would greatly appreciate the help to get it. 

I attached a file with some modifications

Mauricio Mena, MD 

You could simply copy the selected values from the portal list into the field.

But much better IMO is another option, at least if you need more than just a list of descriptions, and want to add i.e. record dates, results, comments etc., or create paperwork from these entries: add child records to a join table between the patient and the existing IDC10 diagnosis codes. This method takes a bit more time to set up, and may look daunting to a beginner novice, but it's really not that bad – and you can always create a (filtered, condensed and/or shorter) list from related records.

For the sake of completeness, this file has the code for both methods (click the Field or Record button), but I really recommend using the child/join records approach. Study the example carefully (tables, TOs, scripts, Conditional Formatting), and you should be able to implement the technique into your own solution.

IDC10_portalselection_eos2013.fmp12.zip

• Like 1

• Newbies

Thank you very much, for your support and fast reply, although I already knew the potential of FM, I'm surprised at how quickly you manage to create what for me is still complicated. I try to make an application to manage my private medical consultation, taking the registration of patients and also make the paperwork automatically, ie., test orders, recipes, certificates, because it takes me a long time, writing by hand, further, I intend to use morbidity data (list of diseases of patients) to perform statistical analysis in software SPSS, so I'll have to export this data. I will to review the file you sent me, which gives me lots of ideas and I hope you do not mind if I ask for help in another time. Thanks again, Mauricio Mena, MD

This topic is 3914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.