Open File ... hidden?

This topic is 4300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The Open File script step has the following option:

• Open hidden causes FileMaker Pro to open and hide the specified database.

What does this mean? Hide from whom? I can't locate any explanation in the documentation or on these forums.

Thanks for any help.

the open hidden or hide window command are the same animal they keep the database OPEN but have no active windows.

In some solutions ( separation model ) you want users to interact with your interface file and not necessarily have access to the 'data' or 'controller' file in this case developers create a layout that states ( this file is not used for data entry or some other such message ) then when the file is opened hidden or opened thru a relationship chain - any scripts that call external scripts in this file are usually instructed to HIDE the window when complete this way end users are not

distracted with a file that may have no user interface.

hope this helps.

@Ocean West: Yes, that helps. I think I now understand that difference and its use. But I'm still stuck on trying to close a database and open an alternate ... which I described in an earlier post. This addressed one aspect of the seqence I'm trying to determine and construct. Thanks for your help.

This topic is 4300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.