Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem seeing hosted files

CJShroll

This topic is 8082 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

After moving FMP 5.5 Unlimited from a Macintosh to a new HP 510n 1Ghz Celeron computer with Windows XP, the files hosted on this machine can no longer be seen on other local machines. I have verified connections and communications. The files can be seen if the protocol is changed to SPX, but when I change back to TCP/IP, the files can no longer be accessed. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. crazy.gif

XP Home has a lot of problems when it comes to networking. For example, if the files are hosted by FileMaker Server on Windows 2000 Server and Domian Name Authentication is in force, chance are that the XP Home user can not connect.

In your isntance, I would check to be sure that TCP/IP is bound to the NIC card.

Old Advance Man

• Newbies

It seems that that problem has been solved. laugh.gif The solution seemed to be several levels deep in the network properties. At the very deepest level, there is "switch" the turns "IP Filtering" on and off. The switch was in the "selected" position when I found it. frown.gif I "de-selected" it turning it to the "off" position. This seemed to solve the problem. smile.gif A very helpful suggestion from a Filmaker tech support staff pointed me in the right direction.

This topic is 8082 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.