Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using GetAs to retrieve container field

This topic is 4213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am seeking help on the proper way on using the GetAs function in FQL.

Recently, I am checking the possibility to retrieve container field content and put in on web page via the JDBC connection to filemaker server. From my observation and testing carried out so far, the result is not too promising.

It would be helpful if someone can give me a hand on this.

Thanks,

Oliver

Not entirely sure why you want to turn to FQL (internal FileMaker SQL) for displaying something externally to FM...

You may want to look at the XML API to retrieve pictures and display them.

The main reason here is because we are using Coldfusion application server here and JDBC connection is the mean to get data from Filemaker.

We are looking at the way to retrieve content from Filemaker using FQL (internal FileMaker SQL), it sounds like it is supported from the FileMaker documentation but not working as expected in testing.

Oliver

Hi, everybody.

I am still looking for the proper way on using the GetAs() function in Filemaker. As I need to retrieve content from container field such as JPEG and PDF etc.

For similar case, using MySQL database's BLOB field type is pretty straight forward under the same situation but in FileMaker, this is quite a challenge. I am querying if GetAs() is the right function to retrieve binary data in FileMaker.

So far, I am trying Filemaker 11's JDBC and ODBC without success. Any clue here?

Oliver

• 2 months later...

Oliver are the images & pdf stored in FM or referenced by FM? I always had these stored where the Web server could find them and just used normal links to them. I work in ColdFusion.

Beverly

This topic is 4213 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.