Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Issue with fonts in IWP

This topic is 4277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All

I've been building a database or my fellow developers and I to use to project manage our workload which is to be hosted via IWP so that users from different sites can easily access it.

I wanted to make the system look fairly nice, but still be able to function over the web with as little modifications as possible. However I needed the database to be able to produce gantt charts...

Bearing this in mind I basically created the gantt charts using repeating fields - each repetition represents a date and each record represents a different project. I tried to think of a good way to populate the repetitions of the repeating field - containers were out of the question and so is conditional formatting - so I decided to play around with fonts...

I found that a "g" in webdings font created a solid square and I made the font big enough so each repetition would be totally "filled in" by the big black square! Hurrah, success.... NO!

Foolishly I didn't test hosting my file via IWP at this point, I just though it would be sure to work...

So now I go and host my file and all my "symbol" characters are showing as letters and not the special characters I was after... I tried changing to a different font ITC Zapf Dingbats and others but none of the symbol fonts appear to work :/

I have spent the whole first half a day searching online for something to give me an idea of how to resolve this to no avail. Does anyone know if there is a definitive list of supported fonts for IWP for FileMaker or is there something I need to do to "load" the fonts before I log into the system.

Please help! All I want is a solid block I can fill a field with that will show on IWP as well as accessing from FileMaker Server and a tick if possible, however I can live without the tick!

Thanks all in advance! :)

Vicky x

The problem with using a font is that, in addition to getting it to work with IWP as expected, all users also need to have that same font installed on there system.

Why can't you use a container field? If I understand correctly, you have a calculated repetition field where you want each repetition to be either completely filled in, or possibly a checkbox. If your repeating field was a calculated container field, it could retrieve the contents of a global container field that contained a simple gif/png image of a square/checkbox.

Hi Dan

Thanks for your response - I think in the past I had attempted to use container fields and images on IWP, but had issues so I discounted this straight away.... I can't remember specifically what my issues were last time, but clearly there's no issue here! Working great with containers and images now!

Vicky

This topic is 4277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.