Server Maintenance This Week. ×

compatability

nick

This topic is 8549 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Since installing fm (started with version 3 now on v5.3) several programs do not play nice with it. When running Photoshop all the fonts in fm go bad, also computer clocks go haywire (lose or gain time, 30-40mins day) and constantly have to be reset. Finally if I am using internet and running fm my connection hangs. I thought it was my dial up but it now does it with my DSL conection. It will open msn then go nowhere until i shut down fm and relog the dsl modem. Have had various computer and all have the same same including new Dell. Has anybody had the same problems, got solutions. I was thinking of installing win 2000 on all the desktops to see if that will help somewhat.

• Newbies

I have 128mb Ram and I only work on one or two low res .jpg at a time. I think its more to do with the video ram? Also from reading some of the forums I realised the people who set up our fm solution had just put shortcuts on each client computer to a database on our server, which in turn opened the 23 related dbases. I followed the advice of another posting and created a blank db to goto the hosts dialogue and open the db. This has really improved performance/speed and I do not seem to have as much of a problem with photoshop.

Thanks alot for the quick response, I've been writing a db for artists for a while now and just discoved this feedback. Could have done with it earlier.

One more thing, I had a lot of problems with crashes when I was jumping between 3 databases in a script for artwork loans. If its a help to anyone, I switched off the spell as you type function and increased cache size and its not happened since. Anyone else had that problem?

This topic is 8549 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.