Creating a monthly Report

gullfounder

This topic is 4272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am new to file maker. I wanted to create a report of my monthly sale. For Example

For month Jan-1-2012

Product Qty Price

Product 1 100 1000

Product 2 200 2000

Total Sale 3000

But i cannot understand it how to make it. I am uploading the File.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3524128622/Project_Filemaker%20TuckShop.fp7

See if this helps. Go to your Sale layout and check out the new button. Study how the report layout is set up, and how the script takes the global values to define a search string for the date range and checks for errors (use Script Debugger and Data Viewer to see it in slow motion). You may want to set up a dedicated layout where you can configure and initiate reporting.

You find a lot of information in the FileMaker Online Help; also, when you create a new layout there's a Report Assistant which helps defining the parts and fields you need for a typical report.

btw, you can post files here in the forum, and you should zip your files before posting (actually, you must zip them before posting here, but it's generally a good idea).

Project_Filemaker TuckShop_rep.fp7.zip

Sorry mr_vodka. But it didn't help. But let me explain it to you. what i really wanted to do.

I have Products table and sale and sale Detail. When ever i sale something the items the transaction record goes to Stock table. the stock table stores what products are sold. How many are sold!

So, I only wanted to make a report Utilizing it to show How much of my products are sold in particular month.

You're on the right track. Define summary fields for the prices (Total) and quantities (Count; not running!) you need, place them in the sub-summary (or sub-summaries) and sort (at least) by the field the sub-summary is based on.

Be aware that you can use the same summary fields in the summary parts, where they will show a summary for the group, and e.g. in the header, to show a summary of the found set.

This topic is 4272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.