Marketing Campaign Help (Many to Many)

This topic is 4268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am a novice trying to improve my employers contact database. Presently we have a basic contact DB with Company and People tables. I am now trying to add a Marketing Campaign table that will contain the name, description and companies included in each marketing campaign. Each Campaign will have many unique companies and each company can be a member of many campaigns.

Ideally, I would be able to create a new campaign record and then add companies to the campaign from a drop down box. I could delete companies from the list without deleting the companies altogether.

I've made a few failed attempts. I'm think i'm getting hung up on the many to many relationship. Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy. I think we have a similar subject being discussed here. See if that helps. If you think it is different, then we can take a look.

Hi Lazarus,

Thanks for the suggestion - it was helpful. I was able to use the same scripts to achieve what I wanted to do. But being a novice, I don't totally understand why the Select Client script is necessary. What is it doing that the existing table relationships can't do?

Thanks,

Jeremy

It's not necessary Jeremy. It was just an idea. Intended to demonstrate how one can pick a record from a list. I referenced that topic simply because of the 'many to many' inquiry that you made. If you still require assistance and do have a file that you need help with, upload it here. That way we have something specific to reference and talk about.

Thanks.

Ideally, I would be able to create a new campaign record and then add companies to the campaign from a drop down box. I could delete companies from the list without deleting the companies altogether.

See if this helps:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/246136/

Once you have the basics in place, look at:

http://fmforums.com/...hp?post/355429/

and:

http://fmforums.com/...hp?post/233897/

It's not necessary Jeremy. It was just an idea. Intended to demonstrate how one can pick a record from a list. I referenced that topic simply because of the 'many to many' inquiry that you made. If you still require assistance and do have a file that you need help with, upload it here. That way we have something specific to reference and talk about.

Thanks.

Thanks Lazarus, Comment,

All of this has been helpful and is appreciated. I think I have the many-to-many relationship structure under control. Now I have a new challenge:

Ive been trying to add a Notes table. I've pulled the basics from a Contact Management starter solution, but I must have made mistakes because it isn't working. I've looked at all the parts a few times and can't figure out where I went wrong. The Notes table is linked to a join table compiling Campaigns and Companies, as each instance of a joined Campaign and Company needs to have its own set of notes. It uses an auto entered calculation to create timestamp/userstamp at the beginning of each note, and sorts by this as well; however, this does not work, and is throwing everything else off, such as the New Note button and its related script. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I am attaching a copy of my file as well as the starter solution I am pulling from.

Thanks!

Jeremy

JeremyFiles.zip

This topic is 4268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.