Server Maintenance This Week. ×

a Perform Find with >=// over a peer-to-peer doesn't grab date stamp when on guest

ericvz

This topic is 8458 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have reciently installed a peer to peer network on two Windows 2000 systems. Now I am sharing my solution on this little network. I have gone through all the steps to share my files correctly (open file, hosts, etc...). Every thing is going great... accept when I proform a script (by hiting a button) that takes me to my Job Schedule which shows me all my jobs for today and the future. The script step is simply a Perform Find. Before writing this script I did the find that I wanted done in this script, which was >=// in the Job Date field. This has been working perfectly for about 7 years now. It still works perfectly on the host machien. The problem is that whenever a script is used on the guest machien that uses >=// it brings up all the records that have dates in the Job Date field instead of just the Jobs for today and the future. I have tried a couple of things that have not worked: I tried to do a manual find on the guest machien (I went into find mode, put >=// in the Job Date field and hit find)This still did not work - it brought up all my records. I tried to add a Set Field step in the script which would set the Job Date field with a Todays Date field - this did not work.

If I host the files on my Guest Machien it seams to work fine.

Please ask me any clarifing questions.

Thanks,

Eric

(Please answer this question in the Windows forum, I'm closing or deleting the duplicate threads -bd)

[This message has been edited by LiveOak (edited March 08, 2001).]

This topic is 8458 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.