Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help Scripting a photo insert into a record

This topic is 4270 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am a T-Shirt printer and we have "films" that represent T-Shirt designs that I am trying to catalog in Filemaker. We are capturing the film name, the customer name and ideally, a photo of what the design looks like.

I'm trying to be able to give the user the ability to click a button that would execute a script that allows the user to browse their local hard drive to locate the JPG image of the design, choose it like you would in any other windows program, and then have the image appear in the container field of the record that the user has open at the time.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this without a plugin.

-S

Hi S and welcome to the FM Forums,

I don't think I'm understanding your setup. Is a standalone process, or are you serving this file?

If you are serving your files, how are they being accessed? How many computers are in your network?

If there isn't a network, How would they search their hard drive for a file located on someone else's computer?

How would a plugin change things?

Lee

• Newbies

The file is on a network and being served via Filemaker Server. The application is fairly simple. There are only 3 fields in the database. Field 1 is the name of the customer, Field 2 is the name of the artwork and Field 3 is a container for the photo of the artwork. I want the user to be able to click a button and have a windows open dialog box open so that they can browse their local computer to find the artwork photo and select it. Then it would be attached to the record and shown in the container field.

I want the user to be able to click a button and have a windows open dialog box open so that they can browse their local computer to find the artwork photo and select it. Then it would be attached to the record and shown in the container field.

That should be doable. Have a look into the sample file.

InsertPicture.fp7.zip

This topic is 4270 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.