Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker hosting behind firewall

George

This topic is 8307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a linksys router on cable modem. I have turned on forwarding for port 5003 for TCP only, to my assigned nic. Still cannot see the list of hosted files. I do have web companion enabled and the file(s) are shared. When I enter in the IP for my machine hosting the file, I get the linksys administration html page.

I'm not sure if this is the file sharing you're talking about, but I have a couple of FM 5 files that people enter data into over the net. I have the files open on my computer, and they've been accessing them on the net by entering my IP# (http://xx.xx.xxx.xxx:591). This wasn't working after I installed a router (SMC Barricade). That sounds kind of like your problem (?)

I had to open ports 80 and 591 in the Barricade setup to allow access to my FM files on the web. I kept NAT enabled, same with the firewall functions. SMC calls opening these ports "configuring the Barricade as a virtual server". I don't know what that would be called in LinkSys.

Essentially you must tell your router to redirect specific public IP (WAN) address request to the private IP address assigned by your LAN. After opening ports 80 and 591 the Barricade translates any incoming html or port 591 request to the LAN IP number assigned to my computer (192.168.2.x). Make sure to have the right "x" number (you can find out which one your computer has using WINIPCFG.

I hope this helps. I was so glad when I got it to work! For a couple of days I thought I wouldn't be able to both home-network my computers and provide access to my files.

Ursula

(Now, if I could figure out how to network my HP 932c printer .... )

WebCompanion is on 80 and 591 and it is serving browsers only.

FileMaker for (I guess) DAL ports:

fmpro-fdal 2399/tcp FileMaker, Inc. - Data Access Layer

fmpro-fdal 2399/udp FileMaker, Inc. - Data Access Layer

FileMaker to FileMaker connection:

fmpro-internal 5003/tcp FileMaker, Inc. - Proprietary transport

fmpro-internal 5003/udp FileMaker, Inc. - Proprietary name binding

Probably missing in-out settings and UDP protocol

This topic is 8307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.