Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Mailing labels

GMRMS

This topic is 4262 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Perhaps this is in the wrong area of the forum, and if so, feel free to move it.

I am working (volunteer basis) with a small art association that uses FM for tracking membership. In the past a contractor created a FM database, with multiple tables, for their use. The "memberships" table stores history so there can be more than one record per member. The club would like to place the membership year on mailing labels but invariably the first (oldest) record is selected. Is there a "ready made" way to tell FM to output the date from the last (i.e. most recent) record? I have sorted the memberships file but that had no effect.

Hi GMRMS, and welcome to the Forum.

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker ClassifiedsSolutions Wanted" to "Database Schema & Business LogicRelationships".

I moved your topic from Solutions Wanted, because that topic is reserved for asking assistance in finding a ready made solution

Searching for that ready made solution, perhaps someone else can point you in the right direction

I believe that you are really just wanting assistance with your file.

Lee

The "memberships" table stores history so there can be more than one record per member.

Perhaps you could print from the Members table - with a calculation field returning the Max() of memberships year?

Alternatively, sort the memberships by Member and by Year, descending (or ascending) and print from a layout that contains only a leading (or trailing) sub-summary by Member part and no body part.

This topic is 4262 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.