Server Maintenance This Week. ×

That software recommends me...

jocuva

This topic is 8303 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What kind of server? If you mean FileMaker Server to server database files, you will need FileMaker Server 5.0 or 5.5. There is some additional softare and hardware you may want to have to enhance performance and security, but this is all you need.

-bd

If you want to simply connect to a Filemaker Server via TCP/IP then you do not need to do anything. If you want to share TCP/IP enabled networked printers, then you do not need to do anything.

If you want to share disks or printers that are connected directly to a particular computer then you need to have some kind of services that allow those types of connections.

Both WinNT (including Server, Workstation and 2000) and MacOS X/AppleshareIP contain the necessary services to allow connections from the other OS. Although it might require a custom install to get the components installed properly.

If you are simply using desktop systems, then you will need some other software such as PCMacLAN, which is software for both Macs and Windows OS systems which allow them to connect to and share resources of the other OS. Check www.pcmaclan.com for more details.

I believe that I doesn't explain to me well,

I have the FileMaker Server this is not the problem, the problem it is that I cannot see in a pc the disks of the mac inside the net, but if I can see the disks of the pc (win2000) in the mac, not you if I need some software of additional conectividad in the mac to be able to share the files and printers.

This topic is 8303 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.