Lines going up and down the page

mleiser

This topic is 4255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to get a line on a report to go from the heading through the body, one line for each column. In previous version I had to make the line halfway through the heading and body then halfway body and footer - something very annoying. In 12 I can't seem to get it right. Isn't there a simple solution? Thanks.

Mike

I must be missing something. What you mentioned just gives me a straight line up and down on the layout, not on the report. I have 10 fields and want a line from the heading through all the body records to differentiate each field. It's crazy to try to get it to work. I cannot just draw a line on my layout from the heading through the body. It doesn't work.

Sorry, I missed understood what you were asking, I thought you were talking about the new guides. :hmm:

I'm not understanding your question still,

line on a report to go from the heading through the body, one line for each column

If I draw a line through all of the parts, I can see them on all parts in browse mode >> Form View?

Are you referring to Table View? or List View?

Sorry. Here's the picture. I print out a list, say, of records, one on each line. Each has name, address, and other info. When I print the page I want lines that go down the whole page separating each field. Like after last name, after first name, etc. It should start from alongside the heading (like Last Name), through the body (all the records). The way I do it now is crazy, like I put in lines from header to body, then from body to footer, and they are hit and miss. Am I making sense now?

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry. Here's the picture.

Picture? Did you attempt to attach a screen shot?

If not the either provide a screen shot, or a demo of your file.

Are you referring to Table View? or List View?

Again, you didn't say what view you are working with. If it is the table view, there isn't a way to do this.

List View. No pictures, just saying this is what my report looks like. It's really just a straight forward rreport but I want lines down between filelds. Thanks. Mike

There are at least three ways to accomplish this that came into my mind. Spacing the fields with a background color, use the field borders, or placing the line within the part.

Why not post a screen shot so we can see what you are struggling with.

This topic is 4255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.