Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sartup script

This topic is 4256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I had this problem with FM 8.5 and finally cured it but I don't remember how. I have search the forums and knowledge base with no results. Now with 11 it has come up again. I have two machines, one shares the files with the other (between my office and shop, I am the only user). The machine that shares the files starts up and launches FM and also opens the shared files. The problem that occurs is, about 75% of the time FM launches fine but does not open the files in the script. The script is simple and does work as soon as I click on FM in the dock and click "Open Recent". Why it works normally 25% of the time I don't understand. This is not a big deal as far as time spent opening remote files as I just screen share and launch it manually. But it seems to me that it should work consistanly. The usual maintenance routines for the operating system have not helped and I am lost for a cure. At least the FM logo does not sit in the dock and bounce up and down . Running Lion and FM Pro 11.

Hard to say without seeing your startup script. But I suspect your file references are messy. Go to File > Manage > External Data Sources..., check that all the references are correct, and remove old/unused references.

• Newbies

Hi and thanks for the reply's. As far as the script goes, It is just a repetitive "Open File" with a "Specify" to the local file in my "Public" folder. The IP address for the host is static, but FM is opening files on this host computer so it doesn't matter. Think of it as a stand alone computer with FM set to startup and run a script to open a few files. It's just not dependable.

So you're saying the problem is that the FileMaker application launches but then doesn't open the first file?

Maybe you could set up an Automator action to do it.

Did you know that for $99 you can subscribe to FileMaker Technet and get a "developer" license for FileMaker Server? It's a full working version that's limited to 3 users.

This topic is 4256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.