Cannot (always) connect to server

This topic is 4250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

My team had been successfully accessing our database via FileMaker Pro and Go for a while from our office and from our home. Today a colleague of mine tried accessing the database from another wifi network outside of our office and homes but failed. Is there some way I can rectify this?

The database in question is deployed with FileMaker Server 12 Advanced on a server computer in our organisation. We've been accessing it with FileMaker Pro and Go (both with iPads and iPhones) for a couple of months now without problem. We've only ever accessed it when we're in the office, or at home.

My teammates are having a meeting elsewhere today and got the message "the host is not available or that the file is not on that host anymore" when trying to access it with FileMaker Go on iPad. At the same time, I'm connected to the database with both FileMaker Pro and Go in the office without problems. She tried FileMaker Go on iPhone but also failed to access it.

Is there something I can do to correct the situation? Or is that something to do with the wifi network they are connected to (and therefore beyond my control)? Any help and suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The MacGuffin

Since you can still connect to it, it is something on the network path from their location and your network, nothing you can do about it. If they have existing VPN functionality into your network they can use that, which puts them ON your network from where they should be able to connect.

This topic is 4250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.