Sign in to follow this  

Sub-summary report - records starting on new page

I've been working on a database that will be used as an appendix in a PhD dissertation. There are long example quotes of text in a field that can span multiple pages. This comes from several different editions of a text book and are categorized by the composer/hero that the text is about. Fields are Hero (which is the composers name), author, edition, page numbers and quote. I'm trying to have the layout look as follows:

Sub-Summary Hero

Body | Author Edition Page

| Long Quote

Repeat in the body with each author and quote then move to next Hero sub-summary.

I have all of the fields set to slide up and resize the section. I have the sub-summary set to turn off page breaks and everything is set to span pages. Most of the time this works great but if the next sub-summary body for the first record won't fit entirely at the bottom of a page then it moves to a new page. Even if the sub-summary, author/edition/page and part of the quote would fit at the bottom.

How can I stop the next section from moving to the top of the next page? I'm attaching some screenshots to show the problem. Unfortunately because it is a dissertation appendix there are very specific formatting rules that won't allow me to use this. I'm a total newbie to Filemaker though I have some experience in MS Access but I have not been able to figure this out.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Additional info: Using FMP 12 under OS X Mountain Lion.