Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Resolving file names with random numbers.

This topic is 4249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using a plugin, Moo Plugin to be exact, to download files from an FTP server. [by the way, this is unreleated but if anyone knows a good FTP plugin other than Moo please direct me to it. Moo works fine, but it seems to no longer be supported. I've emailed the developers asking questions and gotten no response] The directory on the server contains multiple files that date over that last several weeks. They are named by date and then a seemingly randon 6 digit number (ex: File_09062012_695512). Is there a way to get filemaker to identify the correct file by finding the desired date and then ignoring the random digits? Something like "grab the file named File_09062012_######".

Well, Filemaker as such cannot download the correct file even if its exact name is known - that's all in the province of the plugin. Can the plugin return a list of the filenames on the FTP server?

Note also that at least in theory there could be multiple files with the same date - distinguished only by that random sequence.

BTW, what platform is this supposed to run on?

It does not look like Moo Plugin can return a file list from an FTP directory, maybe another plugin can? I do know for a fact that there are never two files listed under the same date so that shouldn't be an issue.

I've also contacted the person who maintains the file server and asked if the random digits can be removed. We'll see.

This is running on Windows 7.

This topic is 4249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.