Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need some help Summery Fields and Break Fields

soundguy99

This topic is 4260 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey guys,

I have a invoice program I have been working on to try and keep track of my hours and overtime.

Everything is 1 Layer, with each record being a seperate invoice. Select you date and clock in and outs and it calculates, how many hours per day, then totals it up for a 2 week cycle and display's the info at the bottom of the page, as well as showing any overtime (above 80 hours for 2 weeks) that was earned in a seperate field. After a record has earned some over time, that overtime is also shown in a field beside it called Banked time, which then gets carried over to the next record. The idea being is that for each invloice that is being submitted or printed you can see exactly where and when the banked time is accumulated over the entire set of records. For example, record 1 might include 10 hours of overtime, the next invoice (2nd record), will now show that as banked time, and may have 15 hours of overtime, in which case the next invoice (3rd record) will now indicate, 25 hours of banked time and so forth however if you go back to the 1st invoice (1st record) and reprint for any reason, it will only show you the 10 hours of overtume, not the 25 houts of banked time, cause at that point, in the records there is only 10 hours of overtime that has been earned.

As of right now, it works the way it should, however the problem is when I want indicate those hours have been paid out.

I have a field next to the day totals which indicate what type of hours those were, for example, Time and a Half, Paid, Paid Banked time, Carry Over ect, which the user picks from a list of values.

Now I have learned how to do calculations based on whats selected,

My intension, is if the Paid Bank Time, has been selected, that day total for that specfic day then, comes off of the total Banked time. reducuing the Total Banked time for the next record.

For example, if I have 20 hours of total Banked time on record 1, and on record 5 I put in for a day total of 8 hours and then select Paid Bank time, that invoice and the next invoice record 6 should show, a total of 12 Hours of Total Banked time, again however if I go bank to record 1 where I got that 20 hours, it shoud still show me that I have a total of 20 Hours of Total Banked time, because at that point I did.

This way I can still go back through my records and reprint invoices if I need to, as it was when I created it.

Also the idea is that during a work week if I want to take some of my banked time out, as well as worked, for example worked 30 hours but also took 10 hours of banked time it would show a total of 30 worked hours and take the 10 hours of banked time (based on selecting that option) off of the total banked time at the bottom.

Now I relize that I can`t index any fields that is refrencing summery fields. I have also played around, get summary and break fields, although I not completley sure on break fields.

I have come verry close, I have been able to keep a seperate total of hours, for which days have been selected as Paid Banked time, and even been able to subtract it from, the total banked time, resulting in 0, however once that is done, it changes all the "total banked time" across all records to 0, it does`t maintain the structure of previous records as that Total Banked time was being bult up.

I missing something I am just not quite sure what it is. I am assuming is has something to do with break fields in a summery but I can`t seem to think of what it is, unless you guys have any other thoughts.

Any help is greatly apreciated,

Thanks,

soundguy

This topic is 4260 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.