Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Single file solution with more than 250 simultaneous client users

dsghs

This topic is 4255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I see in another thread that you want to have users access via the web. You should probably only have one thread per issue.

Custom Web Publishing is the only way I can see this happening. I'm surprised you have a robust IWP solution. I've never found IWP that strong.

-Two separate issues. The other post is on scaling IWP solutions. This is asking about having more than 250 -strictly- client users. These users connect with FMGo. I'm interested in methods on how to expand the 250 client user cap without resorting to using IWP for extras. I also can't use IWP because I need the ability to capture signatures and use layouts with anchored headers/footers. Blackwell posted something in 2010 about using a third party program in addition to multiple servers which allowed this.

It's definitely taken trial and error, but my IWP solution really is robust. On some functions, it even outperforms the client software. However, I haven't had 100 simultaneous IWP connections yet (and that's the reason for the CWP inquiry on the other post).

Please remember that all this is theoretical. You may hit a hard wall before you get to 250 simultaneous users or somewhere above that number.

Server hardware, network bandwidth, network latency, and solution architecture will all play a role.

Please come back and report to us on your progress as you move along with this.

Steven

Please remember that all this is theoretical. You may hit a hard wall before you get to 250 simultaneous users or somewhere above that number.

Server hardware, network bandwidth, network latency, and solution architecture will all play a role.

Please come back and report to us on your progress as you move along with this.

Steven

Will do. I haven't been able to find real life stress tests so I guess I get to learn as I go. Will report back.

This topic is 4255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.