Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Themes and graphical fonts

LaRetta

This topic is 4092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is probably a small thing ... unless it catches you off guard like it did me ...

I use webdings for creating buttons because they are low resource and color can change via conditional formatting. But when I convert to 12 and apply custom theme, Webdings changes to the theme font as well and all those graphics become worthless text. Just be aware of it. :-)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Newbies

Right after you apply the new theme, hit CMD-Z. Any objects you have customized should flip back to your custom look, while objects that have not been customized will retain the new theme. If you totally hate it, hit CMD-Z a second time and you will revert to your pre-theme-change look. On the other hand, if you want a custom object to take on the characteristics of the theme, use the 3rd of the 4 buttons in the top ("Style") pane of the appearance inspector (View > Inspector > Appearance). When you hover over this button the tooltip says "Apply theme styles to one or more objects.". 

• Like 1

Thanks Kate. Correction isn't difficult ... but it will need to be done on every specific field on every layout. It is a small price compared to the benefits of 12. :)

The other easy way to correct it is to simply select field and change back to Webdings.

This topic is 4092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.