Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Create a new user not in full acsess Privileges

This topic is 4222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Dani,

Duplicate the privilege set you want which is closest to the permissions you wish to create ... usually you will duplicate the Data Entry. Name it Sales Staff (for example). Then create the person's account and assign them to Sales Staff. :^)

You can then modify the Sales Staff privilege set to more specific needs and modifying only the privilege set will change the privileges for all accounts assigned to it.

I'm not sure what is happening here either. A few key points:

1. The [Full Access] Privilege Set cannot be duplicated. This is by intent and design. It can however be assigned to any number of different Accounts. I'd recommend severely limiting the number of Accounts with [Full Access] Privileges.

2. A subordinate user--that is one who does not have [Full Access] Privileges--can create new Accounts assigned to some specific Privilege Set, other than the [Full Access] Privilege Set. This is done by a script set to run with full access privileges. Such a script must be created by the developer, and the Privilege Set of the user who is to run that script must have at least Executable privileges to it.

3. Many of these issues can be managed much more easily, especially in multi-file solutions, by employing External Server Authentication. That's what External Server Authentication is there to do.

I hope this clarifies this situation somewhat.

Steven

This topic is 4222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.