location function

This topic is 4227 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm testing the Location function in FMGo 12.0.5 on an iPad with iOS 6 and found that it is returning three values instead of two values, as the manual states. My guess is that the third value is the accuracy, but I haven't been able to find any mention of this anywhere.

Does anybody get just the 2 values (latitute, longitute) as the manual states? Does anybody know what that mysterious 3rd value is?

I got 3 values on my iPad and iPhone. My other thoughts about what it the result might be were altitude and age of the value. The value isn't anywhere close to my altitude in any common unit of measurement, so that's not it. After tweaking the accuracy I requested from the location function to force it to re-calculate, it's definitely not the age of the value. When I asked for an accuracy of 100 meters, the result I got was ~65 on both devices; when I asked for 50 meter accuracy, the value I got was exactly 50 on my iPhone. My iPad timed-out when asked for 50 meter accuracy, and returned the original value of ~65. The 95% confidence radius on the position seems like a likely hypothesis.

I'm a dummy. I put GO on my daughter's iPad but I cannot find what you are talking about. So I read the entire GO and searched 'location' and find nothing. So I go to knowledge base and search 'location' in FMGo and still nothing. Neither is it in any functions list nor script steps. Where to look?

Please point where I would find this feature please. Thank you and I hope it is fine to ask on your great thread. This is where I learn the real FM stuff.

Jeremy,

I like that - by process of elimination, when compared to the values returned by LocationValues function, it's most likely to be accuracy.

I cannot find what you are talking about. So I read the entire GO and searched 'location' and find nothing. So I go to knowledge base and search 'location' in FMGo and still nothing. Neither is it in any functions list nor script steps. Where to look? Please point where I would find this feature please.

If your profile is updated, then I'm assuming you were trying this using FMGo 11. The location functions are new functions in FileMaker 12. I attached my test file so you can test it out in FileMaker Go 12, if you'd like.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 4227 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.