Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Issue with Foreign characters in Tooltip

imran

This topic is 4186 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

I am trying to use some foreign characters in one of my fields. The problem that i am facing is that the tool tip is not showing these foreign characters. Instead it is showing blank boxes for these characters. Please help me in resolving this issue as i am stuck for 2 days.

Thanks,

Imran

What characters are you refering to so we can test it.

I have tried several including , à, è, ì, ò, ù - À, È, Ì, Ò, Ù,æ, Æ,®,º , others that I have tried are Finnish, French, Danish & norwegian, Swedish and Spanish, German

I have also tried other symbols such as

√√∞∟┴┼≠∆ÞßàìêèØÇÆ all have worked so far..

You need to install the eastern asia language pack or the chinese language pack on you computer to show the correct symbols

and you should have no problem.. you do not need to change the language of your computer.. just install the pack and install it on any machine you want to use that database on..

• Newbies

Kris M,

Thanks for the file. I tried it on my machine but still its not working. Still the tool tip is showing blank box for the character.

No_access -

I will install the Eastern Asia language pack on my computer and check it, but the characters are showing up fine on the screen and in the database. The problem is with the tool tip only. And the tool tip did work correctly once but i don't know how.

• 5 weeks later...

This topic is 4186 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.