Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dual issue: software signing and JRE

This topic is 4208 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello -

Our small business uses Filemaker Pro 11 with SuperContainer 2.831 . Filemaker Server Pro 11 is deployed and SuperContainer resides there on that same Windows server.

SuperContainer is essential to our business and with the sweating of bullets today - after several unexpected surprises - when I updated my Windows 7 workstation to run Java 7 Update 9, I'd like to ask the following questions.

I'll mention that I finally got SuperContainer to work again on the workstation, but the solution for that was complex; and, I will have the same problem in future Java updates starting with or after Java 7 Update 9 . The servers are under the control of someone else (IT dept) but at least I might be able to point them in the following direction:

(1 ) *Our deployed version of SuperContainer deployed is now 350 days old. I am wondering whether updating to ver 2.864 would fix some of these issues.

(2 ) At the workstation level (Win 7 64-bit), SC seems to want to invoke only Java JDK 1.7.0_07 . Windows 7 does not like this.

But I can't update to Java 7 Update 9 (which installs JDK 1.7.0_09 ) on the workstation without the following problems seen with SuperContainer:

(a) Are the ActiveX controls by SuperContainer signed with certificates which are current? Windows can't verify the publisher for your software and boy does that cause a lot of issues; not surmountable even when playing with ActiveX controls and UAC controls, in attempting to get around that issue.

( b ) If our IT dept upgrades our deployed SC from 2.831 to 2.864, then likely newer Java controls will be invoked. But I still don't know how one can get around the software signing problem; even under that condition.

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

After reading through this post I noticed that several issues and snags that you've run into are a direct result of running an outdated version of SuperContainer -- as you alluded to in your first item. To avoid 2(a) and 2( b ), simply update your deployment of SuperContainer server to the latest version (2.864) and the Companion plugin (if in use).

If you are still experiencing these issues after the fact. I will be more than happy to help you troubleshoot those issues as well.

Good luck,

This topic is 4208 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.