How to save Emails in Full-Email-Format (eml)?

This topic is 4207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I use 360Works Email plugin to archive emails (order confirmations that are sent in bcc to a special address). Currently I just save the html content to a html file. They can be later opened in a webviewer or in external browser. However the mails now contain individual images that get lost in that way. Is there a way to save the whole email in a format like eml that can then be opened in an email client like thunderbird or outlook?

Regards, markus

Currently our Email does not support exporting to eml. Depending on how your solution is implemented, keep in mind that you can retrieve all the attached images and store them separately to recreate the html message entirely. If you are interested in having the plugin customized to add this feature please contact me directly to discuss the details.

Steve,

Our plugins are cross platform. There are some differences with respect to file paths etc. that would involve some minor implementation changes. Is there something specific you have a question about with respect to different platforms?

I guess what I was really wondering is how you deal with all the different email formats? I found Apple Mail to be almost inscrutable while many others were pretty straightforward. Wish they were all like Thunderbird!

We wanted to store and group emails in FMP but were unable to solve the issue reasonably. We ended up using an online issue tracker which we then imported into our FMP solution. The issue tracker solved the problem of clients ignoring and altering the subject line we were using to create threaded email archives as well as sending emails from multiple accounts.

This was all back in FMP 9.

We were building online stores where a project could easily have over 100 separate issues involving multiple developers and multiple clients. It was typical for a project to involve several thousand emails. We worked on as many as 9 ecommerce projects at a time so managing email was critical.

I always wished FMP had a built-in email client!

I'm still a little confused by the email formats you are referring to. Our Email plugin can retrieve messages from either a POP or IMAP mail server. The message that is received is a raw message and the plugin exposes a group of functions that allow you to pull those parts into FileMaker. A full-featured demo of the Email plugin is available for you to test with your specific use case. If you'd like to contact me directly I'm more than happy to try and answer any other questions you have.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Sounds like you've added an email client to FMP which I had concluded from earlier efforts was the ideal solution. If so, congratulations for a fine achievement. I'll contact you directly if I have questions.

This topic is 4207 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.