Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PDF text does not appear in container

This topic is 4179 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a container field in which I am using the drag and drop feature to store files on the FM server. When I drag in PDFs and JPEGs however no file name or file icon appear. Is there a way to make it simply appear with the PDF icon and its file name? I have tried both formatting options for the field, however I don't see any difference between the two (Images and Interactive Content).

Attached is reference. The blue box at the bottom is a PDF. I would like to appear as the first two lines do.

Thanks

David

post-61113-0-71291900-1352761360_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what you mean by "using the drag and drop feature to store files on the FM server". Do you mean that your goal is for container data to be stored externally? Drag and Drop, however, defaults to embedding the file, not storing as a reference. Do you have this field's definition set to store externally?

As for the display, since you do not want the PDF to display in a viewer, you would select "Optimized for Images." If you have Store as Reference, then you will see an icon and filename, if you use Insert>File.

You might want to script an Insert button to control all of the options so that you have consistency.

This topic is 4179 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.