How many files open at once?

This topic is 4189 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can't seem to use my Google mojo to find an answer - how many files can FM Go have open at once?

I've got a system that has at least 15 files - would I be able to use this on FM Go (assuming that I create the relevant layouts, edit scripts etc - I don't want to even contemplate that until I know the answer to this). Total file size across the system is over 2Gb.

Cheers

Webko

FMGo 12 and FMP 12 would be better for WAN performance alone. However i believe one file as your fmgo interface with your relationships to your other files and replicate needed access and features. I think fmgo only keeps one connection open to the hosts or forward db. And hidden db goes to sleep. ( can some confirm this?)

FMGo 11 is a paid app and will eventually go in supported perhaps in a year or so. Where the v12 is free.

For performance you may also investigate the sync solutions so you can have local db on the device and sync when online.

Legacy apps. FM12 is not going to happen in this case. May be an option for new systems though...

Pretty much confirms what I thought, and make CWP the only viable option in this case.

Thanks

This topic is 4189 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.