Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hiding a DB from the IWP Home Start Menu

This topic is 4132 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there...

I have a number of DB's that are saet up for IWP and served by FMP Server 12 advanced.

A few of the DB's have IWP "turned on" only to access the data inside the DB.  I would rather not have them listed on the IWP Home Start Up menu you get in the browser.

Is there a way to keep a DB as "IWP" but now have it show up in the start up menu?  I've searched the IWP documentation and the Web but had no luck...

Thanks!

Eric

In version 11 is under, File, Sharing, Instant Web Publishing..  check the box that says Don't display in instant web publishing homepage.

I believe this is what you are asking for ?

• 2 weeks later...

HI there...

I'm working in FM12.  The DB is being served by FM12 Advanced.  I tried to copy a DB to my own computer so I could open it in FM12 to chaneg the setting - however, as soon as I try to select "On" for IWP, I get the spinning beach ball for a few moments, then the message "FIlemaker can not share files over the Web because IWP has not been started".  ANy thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

My databases appear to be set up in a similar manner. I do my script writing/database development from my desktop, then I move the files to a more powerful machine for actual IWP sharing. You need to set IWP "on" in the actual file you intend to share, (and the file must be kept open for users to see and access it). If you save a copy of your database to your machine and change the settings there, you will NOT have changed the setting in the actual file you are trying to share (i.e., the machine from which you made the copy). It should only take a minute for you to log into the original file on the computer that is already set for IWP.

It's been a year or so since I set my databases up, but I think that your "spinning ball" is due to your computer's firewall blocking the filesharing attempt. If I remember correctly, I had to change my computer's security settings in addition to setting up FM IWP.

This topic is 4132 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.