Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with inserted pictures in png format on hosted FMP11 database

This topic is 4119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

PNG buttons added to a layout via INSERT-PICTURE from a FMP Advanced v11.3 Windows client to (assumed to be FMPv11) server hosted database display properly on the Windows client, but cannot be seen from a Mac client.  The converse is NOT true: png pictures inserted by the Mac client CAN be seen by both the windows client and the Mac client.

When this occurs, the graphic looks like a place holder, sort of like the picture is missing.

(I am developing on the windows client using FMP11 Advanced, and my client is viewing from FMP11 Standard for Mac, and the database is hosted by a 3rd party.  I do not know the version or platform of server installation that is hosting the database.)

This is a problem with this one database.  I have used the same insert picture technique in the past to create buttons in several different databases, on several different servers, accross both platforms.

Has anyone seen and solved this problem?  Explanations?  Solutions?  Ideas for more research?

(The mac I was using in situations like this died, and I haven't purchased a replacement.)

Sorry - no screen shots available.

Thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have an idea why the png images (company logo, control buttons...) are not showing ?

My computing environment is the following:

- One MacMini Server --ARWEN-- hosting the FileMaker pro dbms (the png images are not showing)

- Two Macbook pro remotely login to the FileMaker Pro located on ARWEN (the png images are showing);

- One MacMini --GANDALF-- remotely login to FileMaker Pro DBMS on ARWEN (the png images are not showing).

The FileMaker Pro DBMS has been located in a folder called VII in the Application folder.

At the moment when starting the dbms I always manually start FileMaker and then open in ARWEN and file open remote on all others.

I would really appreciate to known if someone had the same problem. I do not need someone to solve this problem but to guide me on where to look for.

Do we have to register the image?

With regards!

Daniel

It sounds to me like the "Store only a reference to the file" option was checked on the "Insert Picture" dialog. If so, then the picture will only be visible on the computer it was inserted from (unless the path to that file is accessible from other computers, but that doesn't sound like the case here).

To resolve this, try inserting the picture again, but make sure that option is not checked.

This topic is 4119 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.