Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Mobile device interacting with FileMaker Pro

DPaquin

This topic is 4164 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My question may not fit in a left brain section of this forum. There no right brain section in the forum and I need an advise.

With regards!

Daniel

SITUATION

I've created a FileMaker Pro application which brings efficiency in the way my business operate.

Lately, I've introduce the use of a bar code to get a quick access to my customer information.

With the use of mobile device, I would like to know if someone knows a iPhone/iTouch app I could use to read my customer CLIENT CARD information and move the information onto a specific field in FileMaker Pro.

In other word, I want to have a backup solution in case the bar code reader device I am using breaks.

There are MANY bar code application on the App Store. However I am looking for something specific.

you can use the CNS App for this using the iOS Camera - provided you can get good lighting and your device has a decent camera (iPhones have better camera vs iPad 2 )

its designed to use the FMP URL scripting so after you read the barcode it can return results to the FMGO and run a script.

i assume your customer card has human readable number? worse case is they would have to do a manual find by typing or using SIRI voice to text to enter the code.

This topic is 4164 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.