Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Print dialog defaults to a specific page

AnotherNewGuy

This topic is 4140 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a db hosted on Filemaker Server 12 Advanced.  When users are using the database and go to print a page, in the print dialog box the print range is specified to be 'page 32 of 32'.  So users often get the wrong page printed, or nothing at all, as there are some tables with less than 32 pages at the moment.  

I tried a script with a print setup when the db is opened, but there is no place to specify the print range in the print setup dialog box, so that did not change anything.  How to do I reset the print range in the print dialog box to 'All'?

Manually do a print with the desired parameters, then open the script with the Print script step, make a small change (just retype a calculation, for example) and save the script. FM should now have stored the manually set parameters in the script.

I don't actually have a script with a print step in it.  I have a script with a print setup, just to get the right page format for when people want to print certain pages, but no print script.  I tried adding a print step in the script that runs on startup, and it fixed the problem, but when I took away the print step (I don't want a page to print everytime someone opens the db), it defaulted back to printing page 32 of 32.  :(

Then add a print button, with a scripted print statement, and instruct your users to use the print button instead of the file->print menu item.

Or, if they are too hardheaded for that, make a custom menu that forces the print menu item to run the script.  

It's the only way to be sure that User B will not see User A's last print dialog settings. Print Setup has nothing to do with it. 

This topic is 4140 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.