Timer script or calc...

Bioboy

This topic is 8613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need help finding a way to track the amount of time a technician spends on each customer issue. the issues are separate record in a FP5 dbase. normally, I would just use start/end time field and calculate the difference, but the techs often revisit a case two or three times. Having the dbase track the time automatically would be a huge asset. I evisioned something like a count-up timer with a "Pause" command that the tech coul hit when he was not working on the file. Any ideas would be great. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

You're half way there. You're going to need fields for a start time, end time, and cumulative time. Now write a script to set the start time to current system time, and atttach it to a start button on you tracking layout, write an ending script that sets the ending time to the current system time, and attach it to an end button on the same layout.

In your ending script, set the cumulative time field to (end time - start time)+cumulative time. As a last process in the end script clear your start and end time field, and put a test in your end script to make sure that start time is not blank, that will screw up your calculations.

This should give you the option to revisit job tickets as often as needed.

HTH

This topic is 8613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.