getting a percentage

RichJr

This topic is 8585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

How can I convert a decimal to a percentage? I've got three fields, a summary field which totals all records, a field which checks how many of each option is checked in a value list and a third which calculates (checked / total) I get a correct decimal such as .25 if 4 of 20 are checked but how can I make FileMaker display this as 25%. And if I get an odd decimal such as .05 which should be 5%. Or if I could display the percentage as 25.0 or 5.5 for 5.5% either would be great. Any help appreciated.

Rich

------------------

Rich

On the layout where you want to have the number display as a percentage, choose the field and select Format->Number. You'll find options there for displaying the number the way you want.

Chuck

I dont need it to display the percent sign but I need the actuall number to be an actual percent. The final result will posted on the web. So I more or less need to get rid of the decimal. Adding a percent will only make it .25%, this will read wong when it says .1% since this should be 10%

Rich

------------------

Rich

If you acutally want a field that has text data with the correct percentage, this should work:

NumToText( Number_Field * 100 ) & "%"

If the number is .1, this will give "10%".

Chuck

This topic is 8585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.