Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM12 External Storage and SuperContainer

This topic is 4129 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I didn't check the documentation, but I think that function is for setting a FileMaker container from a file stored in SuperContainer.

If you did not encrypt your externally stored FM12 container files, SuperContainer should be able to access all the files in the same structure they are currently stored in. I'm not saying you should have SuperContainer access them from where they are at, but if you are converting from FM Container to SuperContainer, you could move the files to a new directory and let SuperContainer access them from there.

It is possible - SCSetContainer is the right function - I just created a test DB today that does this for a project I'm working on. Can't come up with a reason why this wouldn't be working, unless perhaps you're using encrypted storage in FM...

I got it working in the end, SCSetContainer seems to work fine via client but from a Scheduled FM Server script we have found we must specify a filename using something like:-

SCSetContainer( <SuperContainerURL>; <FMContainerField>; "filename="<some filename>" )

This was then complicated by the extra data returned as a filename by external containers.

The simple work around was to copy the container content to an internally stored container field to carry out the operation we needed ( reduced the resolution of an image ). I guess you could also just pick the filename out using a calc depending on your requirements.

This topic is 4129 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.