Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server keeps disconnecting clients

This topic is 4121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. I am running the latest version of Filemaker Pro Server 12. Every few days the server keeps disconnecting clients. The can log back in again but is annoying for them. Then when I try to go and look at the admin tool it says this:

HTTP Status 403 -

FileMaker Server has encountered an error:
Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.

If the Server Launch Page is not available, visit the FileMaker Website for more assistance.

The only way to get back into the server admin is to restart the server, disconnecting all the users again!

I am running the server on a Mac Mini Server running 10.8.2

Any help appreciated.

For the Server Admin Console - I wouldn't leave this running. In most versions I've used, it has a tendency to get confused like you describe when left open... Open it to do what you need, then close it again.

For the users - I'm surprised that remote users get a few days. In my office, I can stay connected for long periods of time, but once I'm on the WAN, then any network interruptions of longer than a few seconds can cause disconnects (but may not). I've got a startup file for most systems that has the right user name and password embedded so I can just double-click it and it will connect me...

This topic is 4121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.