Can MirrorSync be right for this approach?

This topic is 4094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 3 databases on the server one is the "live" database that the users edit and work with.

the other two are specific designed for importing data from the live system to create a snapshot used explicitly for massaging the data for output for the printing process.

There are about a dozen tables that need to be a one way sync from the live db to these two other files.

currently my work flow is the user can press a button in these utility files and it will loop thru and delete all data in each table, then do an import from the live database - however this process can take a long time deleting records and importing records. My first thought was to set this process up as a server side script but I then realized that FMS can't import from a hosted file. I would have to first export data to a temp folder then REIMPORT the data this making the process even longer. and with a quarter of a million rows, that's just to slow.

So my interest in MirrorSync, can it sync these three files hosted on the same server?

Thanks

Stephen

No, this would be considered a server-to-server sync, which MirrorSync does not currently support.

We are working on adding this feature though - if you'd like to be on the 'bleeding edge', let me know and I'll see what we can set up.

This topic is 4094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.