Starting with 360Works Email Pugin

This topic is 2261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am new to 360W/email  with Windows 7 ,and trying to get it working. How to make:

Receiving

Sending

with Container fields?

Is there a manual more explecit than from 360Works? starting the plugin only.

It is technically working with pop and smtp and was able to send, in the program a test mail. that worked.!

I am trying to make my FM12 adv and FMS12 adv  getting and storing the emails and Emailbody in some way.

Anybody who can kickstart me with the basics??? Willing to pay a few dollars for it,by remote control my computer, to fix it.

I now have the trial version of 360W email, and plugin is installed in extension s.

Thanks

William

What you are looking for is under the heading "Reading Mail" in the support documentation: http://360works.com/plugins/EMAILPLUG/documentation.html

It basically breaks down into 4 steps.

1. Connect to server - call EmailConnectPOP or EmailConnectIMAP
  2. Read in messages - call EmailReadMessages and use the parameters in the documentation example
  3. Create records for the message - Loop throughout the messages using EmailGetNextMessage while creating records for new emails and importing data from the individual email messages using EmailReadMessageValue
  4. Disconnect from the server - call EmailDisconnect

• 4 years later...
  • Newbies

Hey Merlin - I think I know you from the users group in Ft. Washington. Having an issue sending attachments from server side script using 360 Works Email. Script works fine when run locally but when run from server, email goes through without attachment. Logs say the EmailAttachFile never executed. Do you have any experience with this?

Hi William,

I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to accomplish but it sounds like you are trying to read emails from your inbox and the store them in FileMaker. Below is a screen shot of a script that shows this basic functionality. If this doesn't answer your question can you elaborate more on what you are trying to accomplish?

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 3.41.45 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi samarthmkt, 

Please look in the example files that are included with the plugin to see example scripts for sending email. The general workflow for sending email is Connect to SMTP server (EmailConnectSMTP), create the email (EmailCreate), Set the body of the email (EmailSetBody), optionally attach any attachments (EmailAttachFile), send the email (EmailSend). I also recommend becoming familiar with the documentation here

This topic is 2261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.