Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Keep web viewer from refreshing

DikkeHenk

This topic is 4092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am having a javascript timer running in the web viewer. At certain moments I have to clock-in the time running in the web viewer. At that clock-in moment I am creating a new record in a related table. Each time when I create a new record in the related table the web viewer refreshes itself and the timer starts all over again from the beginning.

Is there a way to keep/stop the web viewer (from) refreshing/reloading.

Thanks

DikkeHenk

Rotterdam

Holland

Please don't be cryptic when asking for help. The script you posted is obviously not complete. Since you are on a Mac, you can print to Preview and copy and paste your script into a reply.

You could also shorten the Q and A by posting a copy of your file, or a mockup of it.

Script is in progress (mess), still lots of maybe's/tries in it. Filling fields in the new record is the rest of the script.  I thought saving you the trouble looking through these lines.

Key question remains the same.

I know the web viewer also refreshes itself by going to another record in the same table. Probably has to do how Filemaker renders its layout every time.

Just wondered if the refreshing/reloading of the web viewer could be suppressed by some kind of trick in Filemaker or in HTML/Javascript.

A workaround could be by creating records up-front and filling them by incrementing the serial relationship. Afterwards I can clean up the redundant/empty records.

But that doesn't resolve my curiosity .... (suppressing the web viewers refreshing)

Thanks for answering anyway.

I do not want to be rude but after 6 posts this conversation is only about how to behave on this forum. First I am cryptic, then I am shy. According to your answers it seems I do not want help unless I post the complete script or file . And still there's not even the slightest attempt to answer the basic question. I don't say it out loud ... but I get the feeling the forum is drowning in its own 'rules'. I am probably the only one thinking about it like this.

It has been a long time I visited this forum and I cannot remember it was so hard getting an answer on a simple question even when it was 'cryptic' as you are saying. Maybe I did wrong by not visiting this forum more frequently or I miss the point by everyone learning from each-other. We'll see.

But again thanks for taking the time answering my posts

Henk Wijtman

Rotterdam

Holland

Sorry I can't help you. All I was trying to do was to get enough information about your quest. Since the Web viewer intro in 8.5 I have not observed what you are describing. I do not have the time nor he inclination to try and recreate your files, so unless you want to offer a demo of files, perhaps someone else will be more clairvoyant then me.

This topic is 4092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.