Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom Record Access Privileges

jedijuli

This topic is 4077 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I would like to restrict access for a specific user group to records based on a specific value in a field. For example, the field is called Category in the database table Catalogue, and the value is Canadian and is part of a value list. I've gotten to the step of a limited records access which brings me to a boolean condition screen. I'm not sure how to write the Boolean condition. Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Boolean true might be ( if only single value is allowed in field ):

Catalogue = "Canadian"

If there are multiple values in the field then:

not IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( Catalogue ; "Canadian" ) )

• Newbies

Thanks everyone, it worked! 

Another question on the same topic. I now have a user account that only shows records that contain category=canadian. However it also shows hundreds of records without the category that are blanked out and say "no access". Is there any way to get rid of the blank "no access" records? I do not want the user to see how many records they are not allowed access to... it also does not look very presentable.

Thanks again!

You can remove the <<No Access>> badge from the UI with conditional formatting of the field.  If you want to remove the records from the found set, do a find for some value always present in every record.  The resulting found set will not contain the records the user cannot access.

Steven

This topic is 4077 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.