Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Field borders printing

macavity

This topic is 4078 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Another FileMaker 12 problem... Google found an unanswered query about the same problem, posted here about a year ago. Has anyone found a solution since then?

The problem: Fields in a list are defined with a corner radius of 0 and Line is set to bottom only (or indeed any other partial frame). Everything looks right in Browse and Preview mode - but when  printed, the entire field has a pale outline (the intended line is darker). This looks genuinely awful.

I have always set a line at the right of fields to create columns in lists. Now it seems the only solution is to draw the lines individually and place them between the fields. Not just a lot of annoying work - it is also very unfriendly to changes in field widths.

Is there any hope?

When I first converted files from 11 to 12 I had to completely remake a number of very complex layouts ( contract forms etc.). I don't know if this would have happened if I had converted straight to 12.03. The issue was the same . . . Ugly borders that "didn't exist" in the Inspector. A real pain. Before I fixed one layout, I had to have a client (who had signed many of my contracts) sign and he took one look and said "yech! What happened?". Very annoying.

Rick.

This topic is 4078 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.